History

In 1932, the Viard family set up in Guéron near Bayeux and began to produce cider on a small scale. The production, at that time, was all sold in barrels in Bayeux and its immediate surroundings.
Then, Marcel Viard, son of the founder, rapidly developed the commercial activity of the cider factory bringing in cider presses which allowed him to market the cider in bulk on a national scale.
In 1976, Yves Asseline, nephew of Mr. Viard, and his wife took over the management of the cider factory. They continued to market cider in bulk until 1980. But, aware of a change in consumer tastes and to meet the needs of new customers, Yves and Marie-Françoise Asseline installed a bottling plant.